Learning how to install Westinghouse ceiling fans is easy if you have Westinghouse ceiling fans light kits. Here’s how to use one and two kits to consider.
What may you need a ceiling fan light for if you can just install a regular ceiling light?
Well, if you combine the aesthetic of a ceiling fan light with the existing ceiling fan design, you’ll get a beautiful hybrid decoration for your home.
It’s not just a piece of decoration though. It also acts as an alternative to traditional light. In that context, it’s both beautiful and useful.
If you’re interested in installing these lights, the first thing to do is to buy some Westinghouse ceiling fans light kits. We’ve got two Westinghouse ceiling 3-fan light kits you can buy and an installation guide below.
The Best Westinghouse Ceiling Fans Light Kits Reviews 2020
Before we go on to the Westinghouse ceiling fan light kit installation, let us first introduce our top two picks for the best Westinghouse ceiling fans.
Take a look at them below:
1. WESTINGHOUSE LIGHTING Brushed Nickel 3-Light Fan Kit
First on the list is the Westinghouse Brushed Nickel 3 Light Fan Kit. The thing that I like about these bulbs is their finishing. If you’re looking for a light that is rather elegant and classy, then you’ll appreciate these frosted ribbed glass lights and the brushed nickel finish.
It’s the best one to have if you want a set of lights that can be attached to a vintage style or wooden ceiling fan. Aside from just its style, you’ll also love its versatility. It can fit with a lot of ceiling fans. It also comes with a nice pull chain that can be used to turn it on and off.
- Frosted ribbed glass light frames
- Brushed nickel finish
- Very adaptable and can fit in most ceiling fans
- Comes with a nice, golden pull chain in the middle so that you can easily turn it on and off
- Comes with three medium based light bulbs each having 9 watts
- Cannot fit 3 hole mounts– only 2 hole mounts
- The maximum wattage that it has is 9w which may limit its use
2. Westinghouse Lighting Schoolhouse Energy Star Ceiling Fan Light Kit
It may not have the looks like the Westinghouse Brushed Nickel 3 Light Fan Kit, but its performance is impeccable. This is one of the most energy-efficient lights that you can find from this brand allowing you to cut down on your electricity bill.
Aside from that, it also has a wide body in the shape of opal glass. This wide-body allows for very wide coverage. If ever you want your light to shine in many corners of your home, then this is the one that you should buy. It also is pretty flexible when it comes to fitting various fans. it can fit 42-inch to up to 52-inch fans.
- Very energy efficient
- Wide and big opal glass shape with wide coverage
- Can fit a lot of ceiling fans
- Comes with an energy-efficient 9-watt Omni a19 LED bulb
- Has either brushed nickel or oil rubbed bronze fitters
- Very thin material that’s flimsy
- Instructions are not very clear
How To Install Westinghouse Ceiling Fans Light Kits?
Now that you have your choices for your Westinghouse ceiling fan lights, the next thing to do is to learn about installing this type of light. For this, you’ll need the necessary tools and knowledge on the different Westinghouse ceiling fan light parts.
In any case, we’ll discuss them both below:
- Get a pair of pliers and a screwdriver.
- Unscrew the screws in the switch housing cover of the fan to take it out.
- Take out the adapter cup by unscrewing the screws on the sides.
- Get the white and blue wires (or in some cases the red and gray wires).
- Attach these wires to the light kit wires by using wire nuts.
- Attach the white to the white wire and attach the colored wire to the colored kit wire.
- Push the wires into the switch housing slowly.
- Screw back the adapter and the switch housing.
Once you’ve followed these steps, then you’re all set to use your brand-new ceiling fan. Now, we’d like to reiterate the importance of choosing the right product because of compatibility. Take note that there are some ceiling fans with certain sizes and screw holes.
If you choose a ceiling fan light that’s not the right size or doesn’t have the correct number of screw holes, then you won’t be able to get the light to fit. Fortunately, the sizes of our two aforementioned products are pretty universal so they can pretty much fit any size. However, the aspect that you should really focus on is the number of screws. For instance, you need to make sure that your fan has a 2-screw mount if you want to buy the first product and so on.
In any case, choosing the right product is of massive importance. That said, you can buy one of these products now and enjoy its features, benefits, and advantages.