Want to personalize your truck? Check out our short but easy-to-follow guide on how to install rock lights on your truck so that you can spruce it up a bit.
Rock LED lights are those lights you can install underneath your truck’s tires. There are two main purposes of rock lights:
- to spruce up your truck and
- to provide illumination on the road.
That said, rock lights are actually pretty important to truck drivers, especially if you like to drive at night.
If you’re interested in learning how to install rock lights on your truck, this guide will help you. We’ll be discussing all there is to know about rock lights, as well as the steps you need to take so that you can install the rock lights.
All About Rock Lights
As mentioned above, rock lights can give off a more modern look and also serve as a safety feature for night driving. These rock LED lights allow other drivers to see you at night so that they know there’s a vehicle approaching.
Aside from that, they also act as extra illumination that lets you check if there are any rocks or bumps in the road that you can avoid. That way, you can prevent both accidents and inconveniences that may occur when you drive your truck.
If you’re not familiar with rock lights, they’re basically those lights that are the same size as rocks. They are installed individually at the tire areas and are controlled with a control board that can be installed via the wiring.
Some rock lights can also be controlled through your cellphone so that no wiring is necessary. The wiring can be a bit complicated if you don’t know how to install rock lights yet, but it’ll make more sense as we go along.
10 Steps On How To Install Rock Lights
Now that we’ve got some of the important details out of the way, let’s proceed to learning how to install rock lights on a truck. Take note that if you know how to install rock lights on your truck, you’ll also know how to install rock lights on a jeep. The process is pretty much the same.
With that in mind, let’s proceed to the steps:
- Test to see if your rock lights are working by attaching the red and black wires to their respective parts of the battery.
- Turn on the battery and check if the rock lights turn on.
- Disconnect everything for the meantime and bring out your drill and screwdriver.
- Drill a hole into the area (right above the tire area) and screw the rock lights in place.
- Install the rock lights in all the tire areas.
- Connect the wires to the installed rock lights.
- If the wires are a bit too short, solder 22 gauge wires to increase the length.
- Route the wires underneath the truck but away from areas that have moving parts.
- Bring all the wires to the front of the truck and attach them to the battery.
- Test again to see if the lights work and close the hood.
Once everything works, then you’re good to go! You have now learned how to install rock lights on a Silverado or any other truck.
While the actual steps on how to install rock lights on jeep or truck are not that hard to follow, you do need some knowledge on wiring LED lights to do this. So, the trick here is to first survey your truck and study the areas that you’ll go through in order to get this job done. Once you familiarize yourself with the areas, then you’ll have an easier time following this guide.
You should also familiarize yourself with the wires and the rock lights so that you’ll know how to install them and how to work with them.
Now, are you ready to spruce your truck up by installing those rock lights near the tire areas?
Keep this guide as your reference when you are. With this guide, you should have no trouble getting the rock lights working well.