Learn easy and fun ways on how to hang rope lights on a wall without nails. All you need are some easily accessible materials and creative imaginations!
The most wonderful and the happiest time of the year is here. It’s time to get those rope lights out and hang them on your Christmas tree, around your Christmas wreath, or even on your walls.
But wait, rope lights on the wall need nails to hang them securely, right? That means holes and potential damages. Well, we don’t want you to do such extreme things as drilling holes. We want this process as easy and as flawless as possible.
So, for this article, we will focus on giving you creative ideas on how to hang rope lights on a wall without nails!
Is it possible? Definitely!
How To Hang Rope Lights On A Wall Without Nails (3 Easy Ways)
1. Use Transparent Tape
Adhesive tapes come in various sizes and styles, but for hanging rope and fairy lights, the transparent double-sided tape works best.
Choose the strongest double-sided tape available, such as the high bond acrylic foam tape that still sticks to the surface even if it is a bit damp. In fact, this is one of the most popular tapes used to hold and secure LED lights.
Another great adhesive tape to hang rope lights on the wall is the gorilla mounting tape. This see-through tape is strong enough to hold up 15 pounds of rope lights. This is perfect for both indoor and outdoor uses. In addition, this tape won’t get yellow over time
2. How About Adhesive Hooks And Clips?
If you would rather want a hook to hang your rope lights on the wall, then adhesive hooks are a perfect choice. These amazing hooks let you hang anything without drilling holes on your wall.
However, be careful with the weight limitations though. These hooks are only suitable for certain loads. Luckily, rope lights don’t weigh that much, so you can safely hang these onto the hooks.
3. Ever Heard Of Brick Clips?
Looking for ways to hang fairy lights on your outdoor brick walls without nails? The outdoor brick clips are for you!
Some people are very particular with their house decorations and don’t want any tape residue to cling on their precious walls and columns. Thus, the damage-free light clips are the obvious solution.
Fortunately, if you have brick walls inside or outside your house, then you can put that brickwork to work. The brick clips are clips designed for hanging rope lights on your walls safely and damage-free.
These clips are designed to hold onto the brick. Usually, each clip has two small hooks in front of which you can hang the lights.
Less hassle and less damage– we personally love how these magic clips work!
Friendly Reminders When Hanging Rope Lights
When using tapes, adhesive hooks, or brick clips, it is important to remind yourself of these friendly reminders for your own safety:
- Do not tape the lights directly. Instead, tape the strands of wires. The tiny bulbs of the rope lights could get hot and the tape might burn in the long run. This might cause sparks that could lead to fire accidents.
- When using plastic adhesive hooks, avoid placing the lights on the plastic material. It is better to keep a bit of distance so the wire is the one with direct contact. The plastics used in these adhesive hooks may not be heat-resistant, so it is better to take the necessary precautions.
- Avoid rolling or twisting the wire of the lights too much. Although one of the beauties of rope lights is that you can twist them to form unique shapes, it is best to keep this at a minimum so as not to damage the wire.
- Always provide a 3 to 4-inches curved radius when turning the rope lights on a corner.
- Avoid running the rope lights 24/7. While some lights can be used for 24 hours, doing so will lessen the lights’ lifespan, not to mention the possibility of bursting and sparks.
Armed with knowledge and confidence, you may now decorate your walls with the stunning rope lights. Get your home ready for the festive season with these incredible lights.
Don’t forget to share and let your friends know how to hang rope lights on a wall without nails!