The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Recharge is the perfect device for people who are always on the go. It’s compact and lightweight, making it the perfect partner for business and outdoors.
Now that we are in the era of new technology, people are always on the go. Oftentimes, we bring work and documents wherever we are, is it at home and unfortunately on vacation days.
One of the biggest problems that we often encounter when we bring our laptops and important gadgets is that we need the extra power.
Extended usage of our devices can drain our devices until it runs empty. Luckily for you, the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Recharger might just be the portable power that can assist you.
The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Recharger
The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 is another remarkable device from Goal Zero. It comes about 4.5 x 5.25 x 1.5 inches. One of the noticeable things that you can see on the device is the logo on top of the device. You can see the signature logo of Goal Zero in dark gray. It’s a perfect contrast to the silver color of the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 charger.
Another thing that you will notice about the device is its rugged sides and single sling handle on each side of the portable power bank. You can easily tell that it’s a heavy-duty charger based on the exterior built of the device.
On the upper side of the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 power pack, you can see some of the ports such as the inverter, a flashlight, 12V ports, a laptop port switch, a small LED panel, and a USB Port.
- The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 charger can be charged in multiple ways. You can use your 12V car charger, a wall adaptor, and a Sherpa Nomad 13 portable solar panel.
- The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 charger is also smaller and a lot handier compared to its predecessors. It may look bulky because of its thick width but small enough to fit inside a small bag.
- This heavy-duty charger can charge your mobile phone a maximum of 7 times while it can charge your laptop at least once.
- It comes with a display panel where you can see the percentage of the battery left after the multiple charges.
- It also has a small flashlight. No need to use other devices. It is bright enough to lighten up your camp.
- It also comes with a USB port for smaller devices such as tablets, digital cameras, smartphones, and headlamps.
- Heavy-duty design. The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 power pack can withstand the wear and tear of outdoor activities.
- This heavy-duty charger is lightweight. It weighs about 500 grams.
- The laptop switch is a big bonus. You can easily toggle it when you want to charge your laptop. It helps you manage your power output.
- It doesn’t work with some Apple devices. Due to the difference in the wattage, the Sherpa 50 Recharger may not work for you.
- Simultaneous charging is not possible. There is only one USB port for charging, you might have to wait for one device to fully charge.
- The device can be pricey. The Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Recharger cost about 90 Euros.
- You need to buy the accessories separately. Some of the accessories like the Nomad 13, the Sherpa Inverters, etc. You might have to invest more in the device before you can fully use it.
Goal Zero Sherpa 50 VS Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC
These power packs are no doubt one of the best in the market. They share some of the features like the versatile charging ports, the heavy-duty design as well as portability. However, there are still stark contrasts on the devices. It differs in terms of size, weight, power capacity, ports, and many more.
One of the best things about the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 is that it’s lighter compared to the Sherpa 100AC. It weighs about 500 grams while the Sherpa 100AC weighs about 900grams.
In terms of size, the Sherpa 100AC is about 8 inches while the Sherpa 50 is about 5 inches. Unlike the Sherpa 100AC, the Sherpa 50 charges faster. You don’t need to wait for 15 hours to use it. You only need 3 hours, then the heavy-duty charger is ready to use. In terms of color, both devices only come in one color. The Sherpa 100AC only comes in black while the Sherpa 50 is only available in Silver.
The Sherpa 50 is not weatherproof compared to the Sherpa 100AC. You might have to be careful about using the Sherpa 50 if you wish to buy it.
Unlike the Sherpa 50, the Sherpa 100AC is a lot more compatible with many devices and it can cater simultaneous charging. The Sherpa 50 can only cater to two devices which are a laptop and a USB port. However, the Sherpa 100AC has multiple charging points that work for both Android and IOS devices. Aside from that, it also offers wireless charging for devices that are compatible with wireless charging.
Lastly, the Sherpa 50 is a lot cheaper compared to the Sherpa 100AC. However, the price of the device is well matched to the feature that it offers. It’s not cheap or expensive, but the price is just right.
In this Goal Zero Sherpa 50 review, there is no doubt that the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 is a great device for people who are on the go.
However, there are certain things that you need to reconsider before buying the device such as device compatibility, accessories, and your power needs.
This device may not be the perfect power pack for most people. But if you are looking for a power pack that is light, small, and compact, then the Goal Zero Sherpa 50 is the perfect one for you.