The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC gives what your money is worth. It is sturdy and easy to use, a perfect portable power bank for leisure and work.
With our current lifestyle, we all want backup power for our gadgets. Luckily for us, the Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC is one of the best portable solar panels to suit our needs. It doesn’t just power up your mobile phones and tablets, but it is also compatible with bigger devices like laptops. This solar panel portable bank can do wonders for people who are always on the go.
- The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC Review
- How To Use The Sherpa 100 AC Portable Power?
The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC Review
The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC is a solar-powered portable power bank. It has a full capacity of 25,600 mah. It has several ports for USB-C, Micro USB, and Apple ports and AC outlets for bigger mobile devices. Aside from these ports, it also supports Qi wireless charging, which is placed on top of the box.
This Sherpa power bank comes in 7.5 by 5.68 by 1 inch in dimensions and weighs about 2 pounds. It’s a sturdy, a little bit heavy device. However, it still is a portable device to carry around on travels, be it for leisure or work. Unlike other power banks in the market, the Sherpa 100 AC only comes in black.
- The Sherpa 100 AC power bank is an environment-friendly portable power. It absorbs solar energy from its solar panel and converts it to portable power.
- It has a versatile charging system. You can charge via solar panels, car chargers, or wall adaptors.
- Sturdy and heavy-duty. It can endure harsh temperatures as well as daily usage.
- It is very versatile. It has several ports used for different kinds of devices, be it for Apple or other brands.
- You can charge simultaneously. One of the perks of having one is that it has several ports. You can charge all your devices simultaneously as long as there are available ports.
- OLED Display for easy notifications. The Sherpa 100 AC comes with a tiny panel to show the battery life of the device.
- It is a little pricey. The Sherpa 100 AC power bank cost more than the average brands. Aside from that, you need to buy other accessories for the device. You need to purchase the wall adapter for a separate price.
- Limits to 100Wh only. The device shuts down when you try to charge it on a device with more than 100Wh capacity.
- It can be heavy (heavier than conventional power banks but still easy to carry around). This best portable power device is not suitable for people who don’t want heavy power banks. The Sherpa 100AC weighs about 2 pounds and can be really heavy in long walks and treks. Thus, perfect for road trips and adventures where you can stash it in your car trunk.
- A little bit bigger compared to the other power banks in the market. Its size is not suitable for small bags. You need to use a bag pack or a carry-on to keep this portable power safe.
- Smaller display. Unlike the other power banks in the market, the OLED display of the Sherpa 100 AC power bank is really small. It makes it hard for senior people to really see the full details of the battery left.
How To Use The Sherpa 100 AC Portable Power?
1. Charge The Goal Zero Sherpa 100 AC Power Bank.
Before using the power bank, make sure that you charge your Sherpa 100AC. You can charge it with the use of a wall adapter or a solar panel. If you are in your car, you can also use your car charger. You can check the device is full with the OLED display. One full charge can last up to 2-4 hours.
2. Turn On The Sherpa 100 AC Power Bank.
To turn on the power bank, the Power Button is located on the upper left side of the OLED panel. Aside from the Power Button, you can also see the Select button, scroll button, and the power button for the wireless charging pad.
3. Depending On Your Device, Get Your Data Cable And Plug It Into Your Sherpa 100AC.
Once your device is fully charged, you can use it as your power bank to charge your other devices. In doing so, you need to get your data cable or charging cable that is compatible with your phone. Remember, the Sherpa 100AC comes with several ports for USB-A, USB-C, and AC. It also has a port for devices like Apple. Make sure that you can plug the right cable on the right ports. That way, you won’t have any problems with compatibility.
Once the charging cables are plugged in, you can plug the end of the charging cable into your mobile device. You can check the power input and the battery left on your power bank at its OLED display.
4. IF The Ports Are Full, Use The Qi Wireless Charger
To use the wire charge, make sure that your mobile device is capable of wireless charging. To turn to use wireless charging, you need to find the Wi-FI-like button on the lower right part of the OLED display.
Once you see the icon blinking in the OLED display, you can now place the device on the wireless charging pad.
5. Check The Status Of Your Sherpa 100AC Power Bank.
If you want to check the output of the power bank, you just have to press the Scroll button on the upper right side of the OLED display, right above the wireless charging power button. The OLED display will show you all the current charging of your devices. You can see the battery life of the power bank, then the output and input of your power bank to its devices.
No doubt that the Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC is considered one of the best portable power in the market. It is heavy-duty and can charge so many devices simultaneously. Although it’s a little bit pricey, it is worth it. it’s the perfect companion for business and for people who make a living by taking cool photos and beautiful drone footage.