Have you owned a solar panel yet? The Goal Zero Nomad 7 plus is the ultimate charger for all your devices wherever whenever!
Have you always been an adventurer, trotting from one place to another? Or maybe you have established yourself an online presence that requires constant use of the internet?
If so, then you must know the struggle of always looking for places to get your devices charged so that you can take that amazing video or capture a beautiful photo.
Today’s article is all about an amazing solar panel recharger that can be carried on your backpack wherever you go!
Introducing the Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus!
This is a solar panel recharger with a 7-watt foldable panel, which is perfect for your small devices like smartphone, tablet, drone, and camera. When unfolded, it has dimensions of 13 by 18.75 by 0.5 inches but is only 6.5 by 8.75 by 0.75 when folded.
It utilizes a monocrystalline cell type, which is made up of cylindrical silicon ingot from a single crystal, which basically works and has the same purity level as a semiconductor. In other words, it generates more power than the other type of panels that you can find in the market.
The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus solar panel recharger has amazing specs and a lot of users can vouch for its efficiency and recharging power.
To get to know more about this device, I’ve compiled its pros and cons below!
- It has an auto restart that works smart.
- Comes with a detachable kickstand which provides a great angle placement
- Has an LED indicator which shows the solar condition and power strength
- It can track the history of its power flow.
- With a waterproof layering surface, perfect protection from rain
- Highly efficient and catches more sunlight to store more power
- Lightweight and very portable, perfect for hiking and other outdoor adventure
- This is a bit on the pricier side, but if you use a lot of smaller devices, this is worth the investment.
- It is compatible with smaller rechargers only.
- Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Specs!
- FAQs about Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus
- 1. Can I Charge Multiple Devices With Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
- 2. How Light Is The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
- 3. Does This Get Fully Charged Fast?
- 4. Is It Worth It To Buy Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
- 5. Does It Work For Bigger Charges?
- 6. How Much Power Can It Hold?
- 7. How Would I Know My Device Is Charging Fast Enough?
- 8. Can I Connect This To Other Nomad Panels?
- 9. Is The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Waterproof?
Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Specs!
|Dimension (Folded)||16.5 x 22.23 x1.9 centimeters|
|Dimension (Unfolded)||33 x 22.23 x1.27 centimeters|
|Weight (w/ kickstand)||459 grams|
|Weight (w/o kickstand)||357 grams|
|USB Port||5V up to 1.4A|
FAQs about Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus
1. Can I Charge Multiple Devices With Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
This model only features 1 USB port, thus can only be used to recharge one device at a time. Although it may seem like a turn off for some, others consider this good as this means the power pack can juice up your laptop or your tablet in no time as there is only one device on focus.
If you’d rather have multiple devices simultaneously, you can get the Goal zero 8mm to High Power Por Combiner Cable or upgrade to Goal Zero Nomad 20 which has an 8mm cable and additional USB port.
2. How Light Is The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
This charger only weighs 0.6 pounds which is considered as the second lightest panel after the Renogy 5W.
3. Does This Get Fully Charged Fast?
Indeed, the Nomad 7 Plus is known for its charging speed. This portable charger can charge a smartphone for 2 to 4 hours under direct sunlight. If you want to connect a recharger, it would take the Goal Zero Switch 10 Recharger 2 to 5 hours and 5 to 10 hours for the Goal Zero Flip 20 Recharger.
4. Is It Worth It To Buy Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus?
I’d say yes, it is. A lot of users of Nomad 7 plus say it is light, easy to use, and more streamlined than its predecessors.
5. Does It Work For Bigger Charges?
No. The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus is aimed at smaller charges like smartphone and tablet. It does not support bigger devices like laptops and computers.
6. How Much Power Can It Hold?
Please bear in mind that this does not hold a charge. The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus works when it is exposed to the sun; by then you can directly charge our device or recharge a power pack for later use.
7. How Would I Know My Device Is Charging Fast Enough?
One of the notable features of this model is that it has an LED light indicator so that you would know the strength of the UV radiation. This way, you can adjust the position of the solar panel to capture as much sunlight, thus recharging your devices a lot faster.
8. Can I Connect This To Other Nomad Panels?
Yes. However, to preserve it and ensure its durability, it is best to avoid doing so.
9. Is The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus Waterproof?
Absolutely! This model has been manufactured with optimum lamination technique to protect it from rain and snow. However, it is still susceptible to water, so don’t let it get soak in the rain.
The Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus is perfect for those only looking to get a quick recharge of their devices while travelling. It is a straightforward and user-friendly solar panel charger without the heavy weight and complicated setup.