The Goal Zero Nomad 20 is the perfect solar panel that you can invest on. It’s a portable solar panel that you can use at home and outdoors.
Solar panels have proven to be one of the best things that ever happen in modern technology. This eco-friendly power generator has lessened down electricity bills for many people.
However, many solar panel manufacturers have made it more convenient for people to use solar energy. Because of this, manufacturers like Goal Zero had decided to take one notch higher.
They made sure that solar panels should not just be conventional but portable as well. This idea came to reality as the Goal Zero Nomad 20 was created.
Portable Solar Panels VS Conventional Solar Panels
As we all know, there are several types of solar panels available in the market. We have the portable solar panels and the conventional solar panels.
Portable solar panels are a lot smaller compared to the conventional solar panels. This is because the portable solar panels can be carried around. This is the perfect size that you can bring to activities like camping.
You can convert the solar energy that you get from the great outdoors. Once the battery is full, you can enjoy extra heating and light from your portable solar panel.
Conventional solar panels, on the other hand, are bigger and much heavier compared to the portable version. One of the best traits of the conventional solar panel is that they have a bigger energy capacity. It means that it has more power stored compared to its portable version.
Both types of solar panel are efficient. However, they both differ in terms of size and price range. Most portable solar panels tend to be smaller and cheaper. It is handy; you can easily carry it around and fold it when you are no longer using it.
The conventional solar panels tend to be a little pricey. This is because the panels are a lot bigger. Aside from that, you need to install it on the rooftop or places that have easy access to solar energy. Apart from that, you might need to invest in a battery generator to store up energy from the conventional solar panels.
The Goal Zero Nomad 20 Review
The Goal Zero Nomad 20 solar panel stands out about 77.5 x 33 x 2.5 cm when used and about 21.6 x 33 x 2.5 cm when folded. On the front part of the device, you can see its Goal Zero logo which is written on white and neon green fonts. You can still see the logo on the sides of the panel when you use it.
Behind the portable solar panels, you can see several wires for the USB charging ports, flip charging docks, an adjustable stand. This portable solar panel comes with three wattages, namely 10, 20 and 50 Watts.
- It immediately converts solar energy. You don’t have to wait long for the solar panel to charge, you can immediately charge your devices and power banks while the panel is under direct sunlight.
- You can attach a power bank and solar panel generators. That way, you can easily store excess energy from the solar portable solar panel.
- It is durable and heavy-duty. Since this portable solar panel is made for outdoors, Goal Zero made sure that it would last the wear and tear of daily use.
- It is light-weight. One of the best things about the Goal Zero portable solar panel is that it’s lightweight. Unlike the other portable solar panels in the market. It weighs about 1.03 kilograms, making it one of the lightest portable solar panels in the market.
- It is handy. You can easily keep it inside your backpack, alongside your gadgets.
- Three different wattages to choose from. It comes in 10W, 20W and 50W. You can go higher or lower wattages.
- It has an adjustable stand, which makes it easier to adjust the foldable panel to ensure that you get all the lights that you need for the solar panel.
- The device is weather-resistant. It can withstand heavy rains, snow and fog. However, you need to make sure that device is dry before using it again.
- One of the cons of the Goal Zero Nomad 20 is that it’s pricey. It ranges from 60 Euros to 220 Euros. You might have to invest more on the accessories such as the portable solar generator for the Goal Zero Nomad 20.
- It doesn’t charge faster compared to conventional solar panels. Depending on the type of solar generator or power bank that you have, it takes hours before you can fully use these devices.
- Although the device is weather proof, there are still areas that are prone to water damage. Make sure that you do seal these areas to avoid the water from going into the device.
- It might not work on devices more than 50W.
- It doesn’t work for all devices. The Goal Zero Nomad 20 portable solar panel is not compatible with some Apple devices. You might have to check if there are ports designated for some Apple devices.
Regardless of the thousand Goal Zero Nomad 20 reviews that you read from the internet, there is no doubt that the Goal Zero Nomad 20 is the perfect portable solar panel that you can invest on.
It is lightweight, easy to store and carry during occasional outdoor activities. However, this device is not suitable for people who are using it as a primary solar panel for their homes. It is best that you invest on a conventional solar panel if you are looking for a solar panel to help you with your utility cost at home.