Building fences around your home is no longer enough to keep your property safe. Get the best solar security light that works but won’t get you broke!
Some friends asked me about how I keep my home safe, especially because my garage and storage room are detached from my house.
Well, I cannot really control the thieves to not do burglary, but what I can do is prevent this scenario from happening.
And my simple and must-have tool for that is the best solar security light with motion sensor.
Isn’t solar security lights outdoor kind of expensive?
Not really! There are absolutely inexpensive ones with great quality. If you are curious as to what these best solar security lights 2020 are, then keep on reading.
3 Best Solar Security Lights (Commercial Grade yet Affordable)
1. Glorious-LITE LED Solar Security Light
This is a personal favorite solar security light because of its efficiency. It is also environmentally-friendly as it does produce 1600 lumen of brightness without wasting any energy.
If you are looking for the best solar security light for your garage, then I highly recommend this one. This gives you 50 minutes of lighting when the battery is fully charged. Using its solar energy stored in the panel, you can use it much longer.
And for its $40.99 price, I’d say it is a winner!
Some questions whether 50 minutes lighting is enough, I’d say it really depends on how you use it and where you want to use it. For garage lighting purposes, it is enough.
Remember, you can recharge this solar security light using the 20 feet amorphous silicon solar panel, so you get to have more than 50 minutes of lighting. Also, the security lights will only turn on when it detects movement in the vicinity. This means that the security light only turns on when you park the car or about to head out. This will automatically turn off too.
- Energy-saving and environment-friendly
- Produces up to 1,600 lumen of light, bright enough to use at night
- Comes with a 20-feet cord for solar panel charging
- Has Built-in 2400 mAh lithium-ion battery that is checked and safe to use
- This is rated as IP65, which means it is waterproof and can withstand rain and snowy weather.
- Offers 12 months warranty for quality problem, so you can buy with ease
- Motion sensor uses Samsung LED bead
- Has 3 adjustable heads that can be set at certain angles
2. Baxia Technology LED Solar Motion Sensor Light
Another great solar security light that has caught the attention of many homeowners is this motion sensor light from Baxia Technology.
While its lumen count is a bit lower than Glorious, the 400 Lumen coming from 4 lights will produce a total of 1,200 LM which is enough for outdoor use.
This outdoor solar security light has contemporary design and has a painted finish. What I love about it though is that it is super easy to install and the fact that it is both water-resistant and heat-resistant.
So, if you are worried about your security light not working during harsh weather conditions, then this is the perfect match for you.
Just be reminded though that this does not have a dimmer setting. But this is the least expensive on the list at $39.99!
- Offers one of the highest efficiencies in terms of solar powered lights category
- Uses 28 LED solar lights which are ultra-bright
- Can be fully charged when exposed to the sun for about 8 hours
- Excellent choice and the best solar security light with motion sensor at night because of its 120-degree motion angle
- Proven to be resistant to water and heat, perfect for rainy and sunny areas
- With IP65 waterproof rating
- Can detect motion within 10 feet and then turns off automatically after 30 seconds
3. Otdair Store Security Solar Light Outdoor
At first glance, I wasn’t really into Otdair’s appearance. The style of the light is just not modern enough for me (my personal opinion, of course)
However, I thought I still need to do my research and review since this happens to be one of the best solar security lights based on consumer reports.
And guess what? This is a $49.99 sweet deal for those seeking a 3-head motion sensor light with rotatable lights!
I would say this is perfect for fences and backyard lighting as the motion angle can be rotated to a full 360-degrees. This is also great for patio and pathway lighting as this is super bright.
- Has 3 solar security light heads that can be rotated at 360-degrees independently
- Uses 70 LED lights, giving you 450 lumen per head
- Wall-mounted type of installation, perfect for patios, backyard, front yard, and garage
- Wattage is only 8 watts, but produces ultra-bright lights
- Has 3 stages of motion sensing: approaching, passing, and leaving
- With sensitive light sensor which automatically charges during daytime and turns on at night
- With super wide light angle at 270-degree or approximately 33 feet
- Proven to be safe and is IP65 waterproof rated
- Also heat resistant and frost resistant, so this is perfect for places which receive a lot of sunlight and a bit of snow
If you want a full spectrum light though, we have a list of great lights that you definitely don’t want to miss!
What To Do If My Solar Security Light Isn’t Working?
The reasons could vary, but the two common ones are either the lights are not turned on or the solar panel is covered with dust and dirt.
The Light Is Not Turned On
Most solar security motion sensor lights have a switch at the back. Surprisingly, many are not aware of this and end up complaining or returning the lights claiming they are not working.
To save yourself from frustration, please do check the switch and make sure it is turned on.
Dirty Solar Panel
The solar panel must be adequately exposed to the sun for it to collect enough energy to power the lights at night.
Now, this will not be the case if the panel is covered with dust and dirt.
The solution is simple. Just clean the solar panel using a clean cloth and wipe gently.