With our guide, you’ll be able to choose the best solar Christmas lights that last long and ones that can instantly give your house a fresh new look and be festive-ready!
It definitely won’t be Christmas without the Yuletide lights that you hang around the house. Of course, it’ll be awesome if you could try something a little different from the usual Christmas lights. If you’re after something unique, why not try some commercial solar lights?
Unlike the usual lights, these types don’t need electricity to turn on. While they are only recommended in cities that still have sunlight during the Christmas season, buying the best solar Christmas lights can really give your home that fuzzy Christmas feeling.
That said, we’re going to help you pick one out for your home with this guide.
|SUPSOO Solar String Lights|
|Windpnn Solar Outdoor String Lights|
|Upoom Solar Garden String Lights|
How To Install Your Solar Christmas Lights
Before we go to our guide on how to choose the best solar Christmas lights outdoor, we’ll first teach you how to install a solar Christmas lights rope light. So that once you choose the one that you want to buy, you won’t need to do any more homework on the installation.
You just need to follow these 6 steps presented below:
- Before the installation, you need to first check the area to see if your area emits enough sunlight that can fill your solar lights. You can do that with the help of a solar insolation map.
- Next, choose a good location where the sun’s rays can hit your Christmas lights. Usually, lights are placed around a stake on the ground.
- After you have determined the location, you can now think of the design of your display. You should choose the best colors, styles, and measurements of your Christmas lights.
- Before you do your installation, you should first test the lights to see if they work.
- Once the lights work, you then need to make sure that the strands are all secured. To do this, you can make use of staples and clips. Alternatively, you can also use electrical tape to stick the lights to your pole.
- The last thing to do is to simply decorate the area. Now, when you do this, you might want to decorate only during dusk so that you can turn on the lights and see if it looks good.
3 Best Solar Christmas Lights Reviews
Now that we’re done with the installation guide, the next thing is the review list. So, what are the best solar powered Christmas lights?
Here are our top three choices:
1. SUPSOO Solar String Lights
If you happen to be looking for length, then this is what you should buy. It has a length of 72ft with 200 solar lights. It also has 2 switch buttons and 8 lighting modes to choose from.
- 72ft length
- Has a total of 200 solar lights
- Comes with 2 switch buttons
- Has 8 cool lighting modes
- Made out of IP65 waterproof material
- Design is pretty plain
- Not a very long shelf life
2. Windpnn Solar Outdoor String Lights
This one has one of the most imaginative outdoor string lights you can find. The lights are shaped like stars which make it amazing for Christmas eve. It can also work for up to 10 hours continuously.
- Has lights that are shaped like stars
- Has 2 lighting modes which are stationery and blinking
- Made out of IP65 material
- Can work for a total of 10 hours continuously
- Saves a lot of energy with solar power
- Star lights are quite fragile
- Not that bright
3. Upoom Solar Garden String Lights
When it comes to the size of the lights, this is the best. It has lights in the shape of Christmas balls. This type of light design is great for outdoors. It can also last the longest out of the three choices.
- Can last for 8 to 14 hours of lighting
- Has 8 lighting modes to choose from
- Made out of waterproof material
- Has a lifespan of 30,000 hours
- Solar panel storage has an 800 mAh capacity
- Great for outdoor festivals and lawn parties
- Rather short length
- Not easy to bring around
Now that we’ve already given you the best rated solar Christmas lights, the last thing to do is choose the best product for your needs. In order to do that, we’ll just give you a buying guide that can help you pick out the one with the features that suit your preferences.
Here are the factors below:
The first thing to take into consideration is the length. The length will ultimately depend on your display design. There are rope lights that have lengths of up to 24ft while others can reach up to 50ft. There are even those that can reach over 70ft. You choose the length based on your needs or preferences.
Number Of Lights
Another thing that you may consider is the number of lights on the rope light. Most of them have 50 LED lights on the rope. There are rope lights with less LEDs but we’d say that 50 is the most ideal number to have. You can also find one with more LEDs if you like.
Next, you need to take into consideration the design of the lights. There are lights that are designed as regular Christmas lights while others are shaped as simple Christmas balls. There are even lights shaped as stars. The one you choose depends on your own imagination.
Material is really important because it determines how durable the lights are for outdoor weather. We recommend an IP65 material so that it won’t wear out during rainy weather.
Last factor is battery life or how long the lights can stay on continuously. There are lights that have a battery life of up to 8 hours. But if you can find one with a battery life of 10 hours, that’s even better.
Picking out the best solar Christmas lights is important for the Christmas season because the lights are what give your home its ambiance. Luckily for you, we already gave you three choices plus a buying guide.
Your only job is just to use your buying guide to choose one of the 3 products.