Attic doesn’t have to be small and uncomfortable. Even with limited space, you can make the area cooler with the best solar attic fan for circulation!
Solar fans can be a great investment if you have an attic at home and are actually using it. Some popular uses of an attic are storage, spare bedroom, and even an entertainment room.
But most homeowners have difficulty keeping the space cool and comfortable. With summer fast approaching, it is high time to make the necessary best solar attic fan installation.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is a Solar Attic Fan Worth It?
- 2 5 Best Solar Attic Fans Review 2021
Is a Solar Attic Fan Worth It?
I’d say YES. Below are the top perks if you have a solar attic exhaust fan:
It can be used all throughout the year. In the summer, it can help cool air from outside to enter your attic to keep the temperature regulated. Meanwhile, in winter, it can be turned on to help air circulation inside the attic, thus managing the moisture.
Lower Energy Consumption
A quality and top rated solar attic fan should not consume high energy. On contrary, it should be able to boost room comfort at 48 watts maximum for a 2,100 square feet area.
Unlike conventional fans, the best solar exhaust fan runs quietly without unpleasant noise.
Too Lazy to scroll through the list? Check out our top pick below!
Natural Light Solar Attic Fan 48 Watts
Our top pick for best solar attic fan goes to this Florida rated and approved 48-watt solar attic fan by Natural Light! The 25-years warranty has got us convinced the product is manufactured well and made from the premium materials. The fact that it is manufactured in the U.S.A also makes it easier to handle replacements and warranty services.
- Can cool up to 2,825 square feet at 48 watts
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Offers 25-year limited warranty per unit
- Durable and has sturdy construction
- Has optional snap-on thermostat which is useful for colder months (separate purchase)
- Provides proper ventilation
- Solar panel is adjustable
5 Best Solar Attic Fans Review 2021
1. Natural Light Solar Attic Fan 48 Watts
This is a bit pricey than other solar attic fans in the market, but the quality is top-notch and the warranty service is worth it. It also helps the fact that it is Florida rated and has been tested and approved safe to use, so you know you are actually getting your money’s worth.
The color is black with a circular vent and square solar panel that runs on 48 watts. It is made from aluminum material, so it is durable yet lightweight.
- Low energy consumption, running at 48-watt
- Can cool 2,825 square feet space
- Made in the U.S.A
- Offers 25 years of limited warranty
- Can be used in all season with snap-on thermostat option for winter
- Can circulate 1,881 cubic feet per minute
- Keeps moisture out of the attic
- Regulates the air temperature of the room by moving hot air out and letting cool air in
- Combats molds
- Safe to use at night
- More expensive than others
- Only available in roof-mount installation option
2. Remington Solar Attic Fan 30 Watts
Remington is also a great brand that has received a lot of praises in most solar attic fan reviews online. This particular model, for example, is highly rated because of its thermostat and brushless motor features.
This is also made of lightweight yet durable material and can reduce hot temperature in your attic without compromising your month’s electric bill.
- Runs at 30 watts to cool 2.200 square feet of space
- Includes thermostat which helps control humidity in the attic
- Has brushless motor which helps keep the motor running without too much friction
- Runs quietly
- Texas-approved as best quality solar fan for attic
- Helps control molds and improves air temperature
- Solar-powered and eco-friendly
- Has an option of Hybrid Adapter for night usage (though sold separately)
- The hybrid adapter is mostly available in the official Remington website.
- Without the adapter, it can only be run with direct exposure to sunlight
3. iLIVING Solar Roof Attic Fan Hybrid 20 Watts
Another hybrid solar attic fan on the list is this amazing option from iLIVING. This is made from aluminum, so it is lightweight yet durable. A lot of people prefer this roof attic fan because of its smart thermostat feature. This allows you to turn on and off the thermostat control easily.
It also runs at 20 watts but can cool an area of up to 2,500 square feet. This means you get to cover more space but still consumes very low energy. This solar roof attic fan is designed in San Francisco, California.
- This is a hybrid fan that can be used day and night.
- Can cool 2,500 square feet of space
- Consumes low energy at approximately 20 watts
- Made from premium-grade aluminum material
- Offers 15-years warranty service
- Also features a brushless motor technology
- Runs quietly and is user-friendly
- Has a rating of IP68 for its brushless motor
- The adapter kit is sold separately
- Roof mount model only
4. QuietCool Solar Powered Roof Attic Fan 40 Watts
If you want a solar attic fan that can be rotated at 180 degree, then this fan from QuietCool is for you. It has a fully adjustable solar panel which you can rotate at 180 degrees. The panel can also be tilted up to 60 degrees.
What difference does it make? Well, this allows you to collect more solar power as you can tilt and move the panel to follow the sun’s direction.
This product is also made in the U.S.A and has undergone quality control. Approved by professionals across the country. Another amazing thing is that you can get a big discount if you purchase online.
- Can cool up to 2,400 square feet
- Has an AC/DC inverter so that you can use it all day long
- Runs on 40-watt solar panel
- The panels are fully adjustable; can be rotated at 180 degrees and can be tilted at 60 degrees
- Includes a preset built-in thermostat
- The material is made from steel, so it is robust, durable, very sturdy.
- Can keep the air in the attic 10 degrees cooler than outside
- Has brushless DC motor, so the fan actually circulates more air but uses less power
- Run quietly without noise
- Has a bit of noise when the fan is run at lower variable speed
- Comes with a plug, which may be a problem for some
5. Remington Solar Attic Fan Builder Series 20 Watts
Another Remington entry, but this time from their builder series collection. This solar attic fan brushless motor vent also runs on a 20-watts solar panel.
It is a hybrid solar attic fan which can be used day and night without increasing your household energy consumption.
- Can cool up to 2,000 square feet
- Can be used all year round
- Includes a built0in thermostat
- Also has brushless motor technology which pushes the vent to run smoothly with less friction
- Combats mold and mildew automatically
- It is also weather-resistant
- Runs at higher wattage when the hybrid adapter is used (about 30-40 watts)