Don’t just rely on your charging station; make your own charging station! Get the best portable solar panels for RV.
Charging stations play an important role for many RV users. It gives them access to charging their batteries, especially EVs and RVs that are using generators.
However, despite the easy access, the number of charging stations all over the country is limited. So, how do you get easy access to electricity if you are still thousands of miles away from the next charging station?
Instead of worrying about when to get to the next charging station, why not get the best portable solar panels for RV?
This might just be the perfect solution on how to charge your batteries when you don’t have access to a power station.
- Our Top Pick For The Best Portable Solar Panels
- How To Choose The Best Solar Panels For RV
- Best Portable Solar Panels For Rvs Reviews
Our Top Pick For The Best Portable Solar Panels
If you ask me what is the best solar panel for RV, my answer would be the Renogy 100W/12V Foldable Solar Panel. Most people may not agree on it but here are some of the reasons why it is ranked number one of the best portable solar panels for RV.
- It is weatherproof. It doesn’t just get destroyed when it suddenly rains on your campsite.
- It is compatible with all types of power stations and battery types, thus making your charging experience faster and seamless.
- It is heavy-duty and durable. You can even go off-grid with this portable power station.
|Jack SolarSaga Solar Panel|
|Renogy 100W/12V Foldable Solar Panel|
|PAXCESS 120W Portable Solar Panel|
|ECO-WORTHY 120W Foldable Solar Panel Charger|
|DOKIO 220 Watts Foldable Monocrystalline Solar Panel|
How To Choose The Best Solar Panels For RV
1. Do An Energy Audit
The first step that you should do is to do an energy audit. This audit will tell you how many solar panels you need. It will also determine how much electricity you consume on a daily basis. With this, you can easily tell how many solar panels you should get and what type. It will also help you determine the best charging system for your camping situation.
2. Choose Your Solar Panels And Charging System
The next step is choosing your solar panel and charging system. One of the best tips that we can give you is to buy a battery that works well with your solar panel. Don’t just settle for the cheapest one on the list. Incompatible solar panels and batteries may cause more havoc than you can ever imagine. Make sure that you consider the compatibility as well.
3. Consider The Size Of Your RV As Well
When buying solar panels, you need to consider where to put them on your RV. You must consider that as well. Do you want to put your solar panels on the roof or do you want a solar panel that you can charge and keep? You need to consider how long to charge battery with a solar panel.
Aside from the solar panels, you should also consider the place where you put your charging system. You must have the right space for your batteries and inverters. That way, you can avoid getting them wet or damaged during the ride.
Best Portable Solar Panels For Rvs Reviews
1. Jack SolarSaga Solar Panel
This high-converting solar panel comes in black and orange color. It has 20 cells per panel. It has an orange border on the side. You can see the brand logo there as well. One of the best features of this portable solar panel is that it’s foldable. It also comes with a special bag for easy storage.
- It charges faster compared to other solar panels.
- It comes with USB A and USB C hubs for mobile charging.
- It is compatible with the Explorer 160,240, and 500.
- The solar panel is made from ETFE material, making it lighter but durable.
- It is compatible with a limited number of solar generator brands.
2. Renogy 100W/12V Foldable Solar Panel
Renogy is offering another one of its best creations, the Renogy 100W/12V Solar Panel. This solar panel comes in an all-black design. This heavy-duty foldable solar panel comes with the Voyager Amp charger to make it easy to make it easier for you to use on your RV, boat, etc.
- It is highly durable. This solar panel is both waterproof and coated with an anti-corrosion layer.
- It is compatible with all types of batteries; Gel, Sealed, Flooded, Lithium.
- It comes with the Voyager Amp charger to avoid battery overcharging.
- It also has a low-voltage system to avoid accidental electrocution.
- The solar panel also has a sturdy suitcase to avoid damage to the solar panel.
- Bad customer service.
3. PAXCESS 120W Portable Solar Panel
The Paxcess 120W Portable solar panel is another heavy-duty solar panel. This solar panel comes with a USB-QC 3.0. It also comes with 4 USB hubs from 5V to 2A. This device comes with an all-black design with a kickstand for easy charging.
- This solar panel is waterproof.
- This is highly compatible with all kinds of power station.
- It’s foldable. It is easy to store when you don’t use it anymore.
- It charges portable power stations much faster compared to other solar panels.
- This solar panel is very big and sometimes can take up space in your camper
- It can be pricey.
4. ECO-WORTHY 120W Foldable Solar Panel Charger
This all-black solar panel is one of the lightest solar panels on the market. This portable solar panel weighs about 4.2 kilos. One of the best things about this solar panel is that it can convert energy to many brands of portable power stations for both RVs and boats.
Aside from that, it also comes with a tilting kick-stand to make charging a better experience.
- It comes with 10 different DC hubs to accommodate all brands of power stations.
- It is also compatible with different kinds of batteries.
- You will also be receiving buckles for solar charging on top of the RV. It makes this device the best portable solar panels for motorhome.
- It can produce 500WH for every 4 hours charging.
- It also comes with a solar power controller to avoid overcharging
- The kickstands can be a little bit shorter and tend to compromise the charging power.
- Not the best for first-timers. The instruction manual is a bit confusing.
5. DOKIO 220 Watts Foldable Monocrystalline Solar Panel
The DOKIO 220W is designed to be a foldable solar panel in a briefcase. The designers wanted to make it easier for users to store and use for campers. You can easily fold and zip when you don’t use it. Then, once you need to start charging your power station, you can zip it open and start charging.
This is another ingenious design for solar panel, thus making DOKIO one of the best portable solar panels for RV battery charging
- Because of its design, this solar panel is easy to carry around during camping trips and RVs.
- This solar panel is light, weighing about 4.1 kilograms.
- It comes with a built-in PWM to stop your solar panel from overcharging your battery.
- It also has integrated 2A and 5V USB hubs.
- Upon purchase, you will also receive 3 types of cable, a smart controller, and 5 DC plugs.
- The quality of the charge controller is really bad and is badly paired with a heavy-duty solar panel.
- Best Crank Flashlight 2021 Reviews