In order to have full control of your lights, you need the best light timer money can buy. If you can’t decide which one, take our guide as your reference.
When you think of a programmable light timer, think of a device that can control the brightness and energy output of each light in your house. One single timer can be used on multiple devices, which makes it really convenient for homeowners.
If this was able to grab your interest, then we’ve got a treat for you. We have a list of the three best light timer brands to choose from.
With our list, you will not only have choices to pick but also a few extra tips on how to use it.
|IThird Solar Powered Step Lights|
|DBF Solar Fence Lights|
|Willed Solar Deck Light|
Can I Save Electricity With Light Timer?
The straight answer to that is YES.
Well, the light timer is used in order to program the lights to turn off at certain times of the day. This is especially useful if you’re the type of person who frequently forgets to turn off the light before going out.
With the best indoor light timer, you can not only set the timer to automatically turn the lights off, but even set it to turn on at certain times for security reasons. With this kind of control, you can lessen your energy bill.
How To Set An Indoor Light Timer
If you are new to using light timers, then you’ll find this section very useful. We will be listing down the steps on how to set the indoor light timer so you can keep on using it with ease.
Take a look at the steps below:
- After installation of the timer, make sure it is in its auto mode.
- Make sure the pointer of the timer is pointed toward the current time.
- Press on the tabs of the dial that indicate the time you want the lights to automatically on and off.
- For auto on, push the dial down, but for auto off, pull it back up.
- Test the timer to see if everything is working.
- If it is not working right, repeat all the steps or double check your manual to see if you’ve missed anything.
Now, you may be thinking to yourself, “aren’t these timers different in design and mechanism?”
While the design of these timers may differ per brand, they work pretty much the same way. So, if you’ve used one light timer in the past, you won’t have such a hard time adjusting to a new one. You can just take a look at the manual of your new one and you’ll get it right away
3 Reliable Best Light Timer (Reviews With Pros And Cons)
1. Honeywell Home Econoswitch Programmable Light Switch Timer
Honeywell is a very well-known brand that sells light switch timers. That’s why it is only befitting that we start our reviews with a product that comes from Honeywell. Now, the coolest thing about this light switch is that it works on many different devices. You can also use it for scheduling the operation of your fans, pool pumps, and other appliances run by motors.
Of course, it also works perfectly on lights as well. In fact, it works on various kinds of bulbs such as LED bulbs, incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, and CFL bulbs. You can say that this is the most versatile of all the choices.
- Can work on a plethora of devices that are run by motors
- Can work on pretty much all kinds of lights
- Effectively able to save a lot of money on your energy bill
- Very easy to install
- You can create 7 schedules per week
- Doesn’t have a program memory function so all your settings will wipeout if there’s an outage
2. TOGOAL Plug with 3-Prong Outlet Programmable Light Timer
If you happen to be looking for the best light timer for home security, then this is the one that we will highly recommend. Aside from just having all the standard features that a good light switch timer has.
It also has a security precaution feature. This security feature enables the light switch to make random on/off movements at different times of the day. This is used to confuse burglars into thinking that there are people in the house and that they’re just turning the lights on and off.
- Comes with a security precaution type of feature that discourages burglars from entering
- Allows up to 20 various on and off settings for a whole week
- Big LCD monitor allows easy use and operation
- Has a built-in backup battery just in case there is a blackout
- Can be used on various electrical devices aside from lights like phone chargers and humidifiers
- Not that easy to install and set up
3. Honeywell Indoor Digital Plug-in Timer
This is yet another Honeywell product that has made the list. If you were to ask us what this light is known for, we’d say that this is the best light timer for plants.
If ever you own a greenhouse or have a basement where you grow some plants and need your lights on at certain times, you need this with you. That’s because this timer has only 2 customizable options. All you need to know is when it should turn off and when it should turn on– it’s that simple.
Aside from that, it’s really easy to setup with a compact design and a polarized outlet attached.
- Has only 2 on and off options for a 24-hour timer
- Has a polarized outlet
- Small and simple design
- The setup is very easy
- Can work with both LED and CFL bulbs
- Programming doesn’t stay when there is a power outage
This now concludes our short guide on choosing the best light timer. We decided to create this guide in order to help you choose the best one that you can find should you be interested in buying one. The advantage of our guide is that all of the other options are filtered out. Now you only have the best ones that you can buy.
So right now, you just need to pick one out of the three and enjoy your purchase.