We’ve introduced the best LED lights suitable for residential use in our previous article. Now, my team and I have just scanned the market for the best LED shop lights that are ideal for garages, warehouses, and basements.
If you still use the conventional fluorescent lights in these commercial places, then you’re definitely missing out on a lot of things.
Should you make the switch? Yes! You should.
Read our guide below to know why we highly think so:
Comparison Table: 5 Top Rated LED Shop Lights
|CNSUNWAY 8-feet 45 Watts Tube LED Bulbs|
|Lead-Go 80 Watts Garage LED Light|
|Falive Garage Lighting 80 Watts LED Shop Light|
|Chunnuan 300 Watts Warehouse Shop LED Light|
Plug-In LED Shop Lights Buying Guide
When asked, most people made the move to replace their fluorescent bulb light to LED shop lights because of the efficiency of the latter. In fact, an LED bulb can have an efficiency level of 99%. This means that 99% of the energy consumes are actually transformed into power which we see as light.
Moreover, LED light bulbs are known to give more light power but consume less electricity. The best example for this is when a 100-Watts fluorescent light gives a total brightness of 1600 lumens while an LED light bulb can produce the same 1600 lumens but at a lesser wattage of 45 Watts.
Of course, you don’t want to invest in something that would not last for a long time, do you? This is basically the reason why buyers are now very cautious when it comes to choosing a shop light with exceptional durability.
For garages, workshops, etc. an LED shop light that maintains its brightness even when used overnight sure does prove how long-lasting the LED light is. Some LED lights can be used for 10,000 hours while others can reach as high as 100,000 hours.
The luminous flux of the bulb is measured through lumens. And lumens pretty much affect how much energy is emitted per second in various directions. The rule of thumb is that the brighter you want your bulb is, the more powerful it should be. Thus, choosing a hardwired LED shop light with higher lumens is the best choice.
Tube Size & Fitting
If your house has originally been installed with fluorescent lights and you want to change them to LED shop lights, then the first thing to do is to measure the light tube’s size and fitting.
Check out our quick conversion table below:
|Tube Type||Diameter (Inches)||Size Index|
4 Best Hardwired LED Shop Lights 2020 (Reviews)
1. CNSUNWAY 8-feet 45 Watts Tube LED Bulbs
This Tube LED light bulb is sold in various packages to suit the number of bulbs you wish to purchase. This is an fluorescent light replacement that only uses 45 Watts to produce 4,800 Lumens. This is fairly equivalent to a 100-watt fluorescent bulb.
CNSUNWAY makes the cut on our best LED shop lights for the money this year. Armed with many amazing features, one can easily identify CNSUNWAY as the best option to illuminate your workspaces.
- Highly efficient; it produces 100% efficiency
- Requires little to no maintenance at all
- Working temperature is around 30 to 50-degrees, perfect for four-seasoned weather
- Each tube can produce a total of 4,800 lumens but only consumes as little as 45watts
- Absolutely no flicker, no noise, and anti-pollution
- The best LED shop lights replacement for T8, T10, and T12 Fluorescent bulbs
- Great shop lights for garages, gas stations, warehouses, and parking lots
- Quick and easy to install
- This is also impact-resistant, so it’s perfect for houses and industrial uses.
- With 5-year unlimited warranty
2. Lead-Go 80 Watts Garage LED Light
This stunning and powerful 80 watts E26 LED shop light is ideal for basements, warehouses, and garages. There is no need to constantly switch the lights on and off as it has its own motion sensor system. A smart way to save energy, right?
As a matter of fact, a lot of warehouses in the US are a fan and consider this as one of the best LED shop light fixtures. Energy-efficient, powerful and bright, and affordable, what else can you ask or?
- Has an efficiency level of 85%
- Available in various in both standard and motion activated versions– your pick!
- Works for about 50,000 hours
- Consists of 3 aluminum LED panels that can be adjusted and folded up to 90-degrees
- Covers a wide range of space
- The bulbs are all high-intensity bulbs suitable for heavy-duty use.
- Can get hot after a long period of use but this will not affect the bulb’s performance
- It’s one of the best LED shop lights in 2018 and 2019 (amazing!)
- Perfect lights for areas that are usually dim and dark
- With 2 years warranty
3. Falive Garage Lighting 80 Watts LED Shop Light
You can get an amazing 8000 lumens of brightness, which is quite higher than the conventional bulbs. With only 80 watts as average energy consumption, you can continue doing work in your LED-lit basement, garage, warehouses, and even on factories.
This ultra-bright LED bulbs have quickly become people’s favorite because of its smart motion sensor technology and its deformable panels. If you want an adjustable LED shop lights that can be rotated 360-degrees and one that also makes a great fluorescent replacement, then Falive is a good brand to start with.
- Instant full-on brightness without flickering and shadow
- Automatically turns on when motion is detected
- The 3 foldable panels are made from aluminum, hence very light.
- Lifespan is around 50,000 hours
- Doesn’t need high-maintenance
- Proven and tested safe to use; 100% safe!
- Makes a great light replacement for indoor use
- The panels are well-made and durable, so you can guarantee that it’ll last for quite a long time.
- Very easy to install and doesn’t need any special tools at all
- With 2 years warranty
4. Chunnuan 300 Watts Warehouse Shop LED Light
Round LED shop lights are great for workspaces wherein focus and attention is highly required. This exceptional UFO High Bay LED light is made up of 10 pieces of 300 watts LED bulbs to provide a luminous and full bright light.
This is rated as the best commercial LED shop lights for the past years and one of the most reviewed LED shop lights on Amazon.
- Uses a 3D heat flow channel which gives a more luminous and efficient light
- With IP54 waterproof rating
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors use
- Parts are also corrosion-resistant
- Ideal for high shed factories, logistics centers, mining, sports hall, gyms, and even in exhibition halls where concentrated powerful lighting is needed
- Lasts for 50,000 hours total
- Can be adjusted in up and down movement for up to 180-degrees
- Secure, impact-resistant, and has pitfall prevention
So, which LED shop lights offers the best value?
That’s a tough question, but we will share our personal favorites to you. We think that the Chunnuan 300 Watts Warehouse Shop LED Light outweighs the other choices on the list. The feature that won us over? It’s waterproof!
While the other LED shop lights offer brightness and 100% efficiency, but they are mostly limited to suitable uses only. The Chunnuan LED shop light, on the other hand, is proven to be waterproof, so it can be used to both indoors and outdoors. Its 50,000 lifespan is also no joke and the secure screw and high impact resistant features are also impressive.