If you buy an item via links on this page, we may earn a commission. Our editorial content is not influenced by commissions. Read the full disclosure.
Know the hacks to choosing the best LED light for 4×4 grow tent with the highest success rate. Read our guide and reviews below!
Due to the increasing number of people coming to the big cities to find work, green and vegetative spaces have slowly become smaller in number.
This greatly affects the production of crops and food as open room cultivation can no longer be relied on. This is when indoor gardening fits in.
Indoor gardening makes use of a grow tent and LED light, which serve as the optimal growing environment conducive for the blooming and fruiting stage of plants and fruits.
Today’s article will specifically discuss the best LED light for 4×4 grow tent.
A lot of growers use 1000 watts to 1500 watts of LED light to heat a 4×4 grow tent. Some would resort to 4 pieces of 300 watts while others would go for two 600watts lights.
Comparison Table: LED Light For 4×4 Grow Tent
LED Grow Lights Vs Fluorescent Lights: Which Is Best For Indoor Gardening?
The use of LED lights to yield fruits and vegetables indoors is not something that is unheard of. In fact, indoor gardening has been a trend for a few years now.
But those who have just started this gardening technique are quite confused as to which is the best LED light for a 4×4 grow tent.
Below is a short yet comprehensive comparison between the two types of light:
This type of light is also known as CFL bulbs. It has been deemed as an effective growing light for indoor plants for years. This also comes in various types but one that is most popular is the T5 tubes fluorescent light.
Why do people love it?
There are two reasons actually, namely wide availability and affordability. Most home hardware and light shops sell the T5 tubes at a very reasonable price. Therefore, first-time growers would most likely buy this one just to test the water first.
What to bear in mind?
One has to know that fluorescent bulbs are much less efficient and actually diffuse light. So, your indoor plants will still bloom and produce fruit but not that abundant.
LED grow lights are quite new as compared to the CFL kinds, but this doesn’t mean that not many people are using this light. This light appears around 10 to 15 years ago and has been the preferred grow light of serious growers.
Why do people love it?
Personally, we would recommend LED lights for those who are seeking to build a large indoor garden. Why? Because this is much more efficient and encourages fast growth among plants. Most of the heat from the bulb will be directed to the plants, thus they grow much quickly and healthily.
But don’t get confused its high heat performance with overheating as LED emits heat at a controlled level, enough to be absorbed by plants and fruits.
What to bear in mind?
This kind is more expensive than fluorescent light. The cheapest would still be twice or thrice the price of CFL bulbs and the most advanced version could go as high as 10 times more.
Clearly, the best grow light is the LED light as this is much more efficient and the heat coming from the bulb is concentrated directly to the plant. This means that no light is wasted and plants get all the heat they need for the blooming and fruiting phase.
How To Choose The Best LED Grow Light For A 4×4 Grow Tent
Now that we have established why an LED light is a better choice, we will share with you some tips on how to choose the best LED grow light for your tent.
Check out the tips below:
The efficiency rating refers to how much heat can the light generate and how much of these heat is actually directed to the plants.
The higher the efficiency rating is the more heat the light can generate. This also means that less electricity is being wasted.
LED lights generally have longer burning time as compared to other grow lights. However, some LED grow light brands have successfully created bulbs that can last up to 100,000 hours.
Most standard and smaller LEDs can last 10,000 to 20,000 hours, and these can still give value to your money.
Shape And Size
The shape also matters since this could affect how the light is directed inside the grow tent. You can purchase rectangular, round, or square LED lights. This is usually composed of smaller bulbs with smaller watts that when used together can generate high heat which is enough to stimulate growth in plants.
In addition, you must match the size of your LED light to the area of your 4×4 grow tent. This is to ensure that the heat is balanced and that the plants receive heat evenly.
What’s more is that too hot grow tent will drain off the leaves of the plants from the green coloring, which is basically an important factor in the plant’s food production.
You do not need to be a professional in order to set up LED lights in your grow tent. The best LED light for 4×4 grow tent can be installed easily and without additional cost.
Of course, setting a budget range will help you avoid spending too much. This will also help you narrow down your choices to the available lights within your budget. You can get LED lights under $200.
Meanwhile, a price range of $800 to $1,000 is the most expensive LED grow lights you can purchase. These types are usually used in large commercial indoor gardens.
5 Best LED Light For 4×4 Grow Tent Reviews
1. KingLED 1000Watts LED Grow Light
King Plus has always been an LED brand of choice by many. It has a full spectrum complete with UV and IR light to mimic the sunlight.
With its 1000Watts output heat, it works well as a vegetable and flower grow light. Equipped with grow and bloom switch, you can adjust the light and heat depending on the type of plants you grow in your tent.
Moreover, this is the best LED light for 4×4 grow tent with a high-tech double chip technology. This means this light can help you save more energy while generating optimum heat for your crops.
- With vegetable (blue light) and bloom (red light) switch
- Has a full spectrum light of 380 nm to 780 nm which is within the spectrum that plants needed to grow, flower, and bear fruits
- Operates quietly
- Has a cooling system, thanks to its multi high-speed fans
- Comes with 3 years professional warranty and 90-days free return policy
- Can be use for up to 100,000 hours
- Not suitable for full sized plants (works great for small plants only)
2. VIPARSPECTRA 1200Watts LED Grow Light
This is a great LED light that belongs to the mid-range price category. Remember, high price does not necessarily translate to the product’s quality.
VIPARSPECTRA designed this highly efficient grow light, which only consumes 520 watts of energy. It can be used for both vegetables and fruits which you can easily set up through its grow and bloom switch.
It can generate enough heat and light to focus on all corners of your 4×4 grow tent. It is also built in such a manner that it can penetrate canopies.
- Has a cooling system which hampers overheating
- Equipped with easy control and easy-to-follow set-up instructions
- Relatively cheap considering the amount of heat and light it can generate
- LED lights can be pre-focused and can be adjusted to 90-degree angle
- With a lifespan of 100,000 hours which is equivalent to 11 years
- Comes with 3 years warranty
- This LED light is not waterproof.
- A bit large in size, so the grow tent may appear cramp
- Not suitable for plants that shoot up in vertical growth
3. MARS HYDRO TS 1000Watts LED Grow Light
This 1000 watts LED light is best known to be a vegetable grow light. And those who have tried MARS HYDRO TS 1000Watts LED grow light have nothing but good things to say about its efficiency and durability.
It has a core coverage area of 76 x 76 centimeters, which is enough for a 4X4 grow tent. Moreover, this LED light comes in two kit variants in which the complete package includes a highly efficient LED grow light, a hygrometer, a timer plug, soil moisture/pH level meter, and a hanging kit.
- Highly efficient and has a 80 to 90% success rate
- Easy to set up and operate, perfect for beginners
- Provides amazing control set up for wattage adjustment
- Operates silently
- Perfect for home or commercial setup
- Can heat up the grow tent
- Best paired with a good ventilation setup
4. Phlizon 600Watts LED Grow Light
If you prefer to have two 600 watts LED light for your 4×4 grow tent, then we recommend you get this LED grow light from Phlizon.
Many consider this as the best LED light for 4×4 grow tent with seedlings and vegetable plants. It has a modest light and heat coverage which is perfect for seedlings.
- Has a comprehensive light spectrum and wide core coverage
- Lets you save energy with its low input-high output energy efficiency
- With double switch for vegetable and bloom setup
- Great quality and tested to be safe
- Comes with 2 years warranty and 30 days money back guarantee
- Can last up to 50,000 hours
- Lifespan is not as long as the other LED grow light on the list
- The thermometer has some reported issues
5. GROWLED 300Watts LED Grow Light
Growers who sought for 300 watts LED grow lights usually have a variety of plants in their grow tent. Since vegetables, flowers, and seedlings need different levels of heat, a setup of 300 watts LED light for 4×4 grow tent is the perfect choice.
This GROWLED 300Watts grow light is a high lumen yet low temperature LED light. It is also an impressive heat dissipation.
- Can be used for 12 to 18 hours straight in a day
- Has a full spectrum light that is perfect for germination, seedling, flowers, and vegetables
- With 3 years warranty policy and 30 days money back guarantee
- Light and very easy to set up
- Burning time is much shorter than others
What LED Light do we recommend the most from the list?
The best LED light for 4×4 grow tent really depends on what plant you want to grow, but if we are to choose the one that gives the most value to money, we would say it is the KingLED 1000Watts LED Grow Light.
KingLED has been a trusted LED grow light brand and their products have an amazing success rate. This particular 1000 Watts LED light also ranks high in terms of energy efficiency.
- Best LED Shop Lights Reviews 2020
- Best LED Strips For PC Reviews
- Best Night Light For Baby Reviews
- Best Night Light For Toddlers Reviews
- Best Softbox For Speedlight Reviews