Get the best DIY solar generators for your home or get your money back! Read our reviews and know our top pick!
A solar generator is a type of generator that you can use to create electricity using solar energy. Solar generators can be used as your emergency lights during blackouts.
You can also use them as a portable charger, especially if you need to fully charge your phone. They are your perfect companion during emergencies like floods, fires, and even hurricanes. They may not be able to supply the whole house with electricity but they have enough power to illuminate your home for a few hours a day. Thus, you must invest in the best home solar generator for your home. That way, you don’t have to revel in the dark during blackouts and emergencies.
Solar generators can be really pricey, especially if you are going for the big one. But if you are looking for a cheaper option, then you should make a solar generator with your own hands. You only need the tools and equipment, and then we can help you make the best DIY solar generator that you have never thought of before!
|Jackery Portable Power Station 240W|
|Rockpals Portable Generator Lithium Battery 250W|
|WAWUI Solar Portable Power Station|
|ECO-Worthy 84W Solar Generator|
|Docusu Portable Solar Generator Lighting Kit|
- How To Build Your Own DIY Solar Generator
- Best DIY Solar Generator Kit 2021
- What Is The Best Portable Solar Generator?
How To Build Your Own DIY Solar Generator
Get Your Kit
The first thing that you need to do is buy a solar generator kit. The solar generator kit comes with all the things that you need for a DIY solar generator. When buying one, make sure the kit contains all the things that you need to build your solar generator. It should have the battery, the inverter, the wires, and the solar panels. That way, you can just install all the necessary parts.
Connect The Inverter To The Battery
The first step that you need to do is connect the inverter to your battery. Make sure to connect the right cable to the right connector. To avoid any problems, you can start connecting the negative cable then the positive cable.
Connect The Battery To The Solar Panel.
Once the inverter is properly attached to the batter, you need to connect the battery to the solar panel. Connect the negative first then the positive. That way, you can avoid accidental problems along the way.
Charge The Battery To 50% Before Testing It.
Lastly, you need to test your solar generator. This is the final and last step on how to make solar generator at home.
You need to charge your DIY solar generator up to 50%. Depending on your solar generator capacity, it might take hours before you reach 50%. Once you have reached 51%, connect it to your appliances. If it works, then it means your solar generator is working.
Best DIY Solar Generator Kit 2021
1. Jackery Portable Power Station 240W
The Jackery Portable Power Station is an all-in-one MPPT and battery. This device is a plug-and-play solar generator kit. Upon purchase, you will be receiving the battery/MPPT charge controller, car charger, and user guide. You can charge this device with a 60W solar panel.
- It has a large power capacity which is perfect for office and home back-up electricity.
- It has a dual charging capacity
- It also has a smart display for battery indicators and settings.
- It doesn’t come with a solar panel. You need to pay more to get a solar energy
2. Rockpals Portable Generator Lithium Battery 250W
This portable generator comes in a rectangular shape. It comes with a black and orange ensemble. The device also comes with an MPPT charge controller for an easy charge. This portable generator can be charged with 60W and 100W solar panels that are sold separately. Aside from that, you can also plug it to your car using a car charger adaptor.
- This solar generator has a higher capacity of power. You can charge some devices up to 25 times.
- Unlike other portable generators, it doesn’t make a sound.
- It has a cooling fan inside the generator to avoid overheating.
- It’s a heavy device to carry around whenever you go camping.
3. WAWUI Solar Portable Power Station
Unlike the other portable generators on the list, the Wawui is probably the smallest. This mini solar generator comes in an army green color, with an LED flashlight and emergency lights, and a solar panel. It comes with a USB port, 5V/2A, and 3.2V/1A plugs for lights. You can see a battery indicator, the power button right beneath the LED screen.
- This portable generator is very handy. You can carry it around for expedition, fishing, and camping adventures.
- It comes with light bulbs in case of an emergency.
- You can charge it in 3 ways: solar panel (7-8 hours full charge), wall adaptor (8 hours), and car plug charger (7 hours)
- It can illuminate your area for a maximum of 20 hours in one full charge.
- It has a limited power capacity. It can’t really power up a whole house during long blackouts.
4. ECO-Worthy 84W Solar Generator
ECO-Worthy is another mini portable solar generator that you should definitely check out. It’s a lightweight generator that you can use for home, farm, camping, fishing, and breeding. This portable mini generator comes in an army green ensemble.
You can see a map engraved on the sides of the generator. It has a similar design to the Wawui solar generator. Upon purchase, you will also be receiving the portable solar generator, three bulbs, sockets, and hooks. You will also be receiving a manual for the installation and maintenance method.
- It is very handy. You can carry it around during expeditions and emergencies.
- This portable generator can be charged in two ways, solar panel or wall adaptors and car plug charging.
- It is easy to use. The instructions and device are very straightforward.
- It works well as an emergency light and charger. However, it can’t be used as a power source for appliances with higher voltage.
5. Docusu Portable Solar Generator Lighting Kit
At a glance, this portable generator comes with a bright blue color. You can see the setting control on the upper part of the generator, alongside the USB plugs and the SD/TF connector.
One of the features of this device is that you can listen to music and radio during emergencies. You can see the volume buttons and the radio switch as well. The device comes with 2 bulbs. We have the flashlight located on the side of the handles and the large LED light in the middle of the portable generator.
- You can charge the device in two ways: solar panels and an AC power adaptor.
- It comes with a Lithium battery.
- It comes with a 6V solar panel upon purchase.
- The FM radio is a big plus especially in big emergencies such as hurricanes, typhoons, fires, and floods.
- It is very light and handy, you can take it anywhere.
- It has a limited power capacity which is only 12000mah.
- The solar panels take too long to charge the battery fully.
What Is The Best Portable Solar Generator?
The best DIY solar generator is the Rockpals Power Station. It is heavy-duty and can be charged in three ways. Although this device is a little pricey it can help your house be illuminated for a long time in emergencies.
It can also charge your devices, including small appliances such as mini-refrigerators.
If you are planning to get this DIY solar generator, make sure that you do your research. There are tons of factors that can affect your solar energy outputs. You should do your research on your area as well as other possible eco-friendly energy options.